All storage of ignitable, flammable, or combustible liquids shall be in compliance with the rules, regulations, and permit process promulgated by the Office of the State Fire Marshall as amended from time to time.
The following provisions shall apply to any above ground storage of ignitable, flammable, or combustible liquids:
1. No above ground storage tanks shall be located within any residential zoning district.
2. A maximum of two (2) tanks per occupancy.
3. The aggregate capacity of above ground storage of ignitable, flammable, or combustible liquids shall be a maximum of five hundred (500) gallons per lot or use whichever is more restrictive, and a maximum of one thousand (1,000) gallons in a B-1 Business Zoning District and M-1 Manufacturing Zoning District.
4. All above ground storage tanks shall conform to applicable NFPA Codes and appendices.
5. All tanks at the time of installation must meet or exceed the Underwriters Laboratory standard 2085 or the latest revision thereof.
6. The Fire Department may issue regulations requiring diking or other containment methods where life, health, and safety so require.
7. Tanks shall be screened from view of streets and residential property.
8. Tanks shall not be located closer than two hundred (200) feet to an assembly occupancy or building containing any residential dwelling units.
9. In the B-1 Business District, tanks and related facilities shall be screened from street view with a concrete or masonry wall or similar permanent material other than wood, vinyl, metal or mesh.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field