Sharin’ of the Green Parade Returns March 16
Normal, Ill. – Feb. 9, 2024 –The 2024 Sharin’ of the Green Parade is set for 1- 3 p.m. Saturday, March 16 in Uptown Normal. This annual St. Patrick’s Day-themed celebration benefits Brightpoint (formerly Children’s Home & Aid) with support from Radio Bloomington and the Town of Normal.
Registration for parade participants and volunteers is now open online at www.brightpoint.org/event/annual-st-patricks-day-parade/.
The parade will step off at 1 p.m. on the corner of South School Street and North Street and travel east down North Street, around Uptown Circle and east down East Beaufort Street. (This event does not include alcohol service, and no alcohol is permitted at the event.)
The following streets and parking areas will be signed No Parking after 10 a.m. and closed at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 16 in preparation for this event.
- South School Street from College Avenue to North Street
- North Street from South School Street to Uptown Circle
- Fell Avenue at the intersection of Fell Avenue and North Street
- Broadway Avenue at the intersection of Broadway Avenue and North Street
- Constitution Boulevard from College Avenue to Uptown Circle
- All of Uptown Circle
- East Beaufort Street from Uptown Circle to Linden Street
- Linden Street’s southbound right turn lane from College Avenue to Beaufort Street
- The Parkinson Avenue parking lot
Parking will be free in the College Avenue parking deck.
The Trail East and Trail West lots will be open with posted limits suspended. The ISU parking deck on the corner of South School Street and West Beaufort Street (southwest of Watterson) is also a good option at peak times. For questions or additional information, contact Adam Fox: (309) 454-9720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.