Bulky waste refers to large items that cannot fit into your garbage cart. Bulky waste is collected each week on your regular garbage collection day.
- Flatten large cardboard boxes; do NOT place between carts
- Do not place items weighing more than 500 lbs. at the curb. A private waste collection contractor should be contacted for larger amounts
- Place items placed loose at the curb and not in a box or non-Town garbage cart/can
- Place bulky waste curbside after 6 p.m. the day prior to collection or before 6 a.m. on your regular collection day
- Place bulky waste lengthwise or parallel to the street on sloped right of ways. This helps the operator pick up the items with little or no damage to the right of way
- Place bulky waste in one organized pile (not separate piles), stacking to reduce wind disturbance
NOTE: Contact us when disposing glass and/or mirrors. A scheduled 'Hand Pickup' may be required.
Do NOT include these Items in bulky waste
- Bags of garbage - place them in a Town-issued garbage cart
- Waste totaling more than 500 lbs. - get a commercial dumpster; waste from work done by contractors should be hauled away by the contractor
- Electronics - state law requires certain electronics be recycled (i.e televisions, stereos, computer equipment); see the Electronics Recycling page for a complete list
- Landscape Waste - set out leaves and plant clippings separately; see Landscape Waste Collection for guidelines
- Brush - set sticks, branches and bush clippings in their own pile.
Items which WILL be collected curbside
- Refrigerators and freezers - please remove the door(s)
- Carpet/carpet pads (place parallel to the curb)
- Old garbage and waste cans will be collected if you call the office first - (309) 454-9571
- Boards (please remove nails or place the points down for safety)
Property owners must rent a commercial dumpster from a private firm when they:
- Are doing major renovations, such as re-roofing
- Are removing and replacing concrete driveways and sidewalks
- Have debris exceeding 500 pounds