|Oct. 27 & 28
VIP Ticket Details- On Sale 8:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 2
- Purchased in our office or online.
- $12 per ticket. Each person wanting VIP access must have a ticket.
- Limited number of VIP tickets available. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- VIP Tickets are similar to a Fast Pass, no an immediate entry, but your wait time is drastically decreased.
Volunteers - Haunted Trail
The Haunted Trail is a Halloween event that takes place over five dates every October! We need approximately 100 volunteers for this event from 5:30-9:30 p.m. each evening. You can choose to volunteer for all five nights, just one - or anything in between. Preferred age is High School age or older.
A variety of costumed (provided) and non-costumed positions are available including: portraying characters along the trail, passing out candy and hot chocolate, assisting with face painting, and guest services. Click to view our Volunteer Flyer.
To volunteer, complete the 2023 Haunted Trail Volunteer online sign-up form.
The Constitution Trail provides the perfect setting to get spooked! The Haunted Trail takes place on two weekends in October.
Participants should line up behind Normal City Hall Annex at 100 E. Phoenix Avenue. The haunting begins after crossing Vernon Avenue and continues to the Connie Link Amphitheatre (approximately ¼ mile). Be prepared to be spooked by sound and lighting effects (strobe lighting is included), spooky creatures and displays. Persons with conditions that can be aggravated by strobe lighting should not attend this activity.
There is a strict limitation to 1,600 adults and children per night. As soon as the maximum (1,600 people) has been reached the trail will be closed. The scary weekend is recommended for ages 13+ or accompanied by an adult.
There is a $3 per person charge- cash only. The first weekend only canned food donations will count towards a free admission. Canned food donations will also be accepted the second weekend but will not count toward free admission. Donations will go to a local food pantry.
- You do not have to buy tickets in advance. VIP tickets will go on sale Oct. 2.
- Anyone 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Recommended age to attend the Scary Trail is 13.
- Please NO PETS on the Haunted Trail.
- Skates and bikes are not allowed.
- The Not-So-Scary trail is accessible for strollers, wagons and wheelchairs. The dirt trail portion on Scary Nights only is not accessible to strollers and wheelchairs due to the uneven and narrow terrains.
Parking is available at the Parks and Rec Office (100 E. Phoenix) and Chiddix Jr. High (300 S. Walnut). A shuttle will transport you back to City Hall Annex and the Chiddix parking lots. Parking is not available at the end of the trail at the Amphitheatre parking lot.
If you have further questions, Email Hanna Razo.