Town of Normal Parks & Recreation Department believes in keeping campers engaged, active and socially involved through a variety of activities within a safe and supervised setting. We provide an inclusive environment and treat all participants and staff members as individuals with care and respect. We provide campers with the best care from trained and qualified counselors.
We structure programs to ensure campers benefit both socially and physically. Counselors are trained, supervised and evaluated by the Youth Programs Supervisor and each other. In addition, we work closely with S.O.A.R. (Special Opportunities Available in Recreation) to provide campers with inclusion services, including aide needs. Email Karyn Regner to request accommodations.
We ask all campers to participate in activities so they receive the maximum benefits of our program. Activities are carefully planned and implemented with the following goals in mind:
- Encourage children to be social and boost self-confidence within a group setting
- Promote teamwork, sportsmanship and respect with fellow participants and counselors
- Provide a positive, sound environment in which children can play
- Develop skills and knowledge through a variety of activities, including by not limited to, arts & crafts, nature, games and sports.
Normal Parks & Recreation Department offers three Day Camp locations:
- Anderson Park – 503 E. College Ave.
- Fairview Park – 949 N. Main St.
- Maxwell Park – Parkside Rd.
Summer Day Camp is for campers entering grades 1-6 in the fall. All camp locations include a full day camp option with camper attendance from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
NEW FOR 2023! All emergency forms are collected electronically using ePACT, an online emergency network.
When you register, you will be emailed a link from ePACT to create/set up an account. You will need to add records for campers, including:
- health records, including any medication, allergies, or other medical information important for camp staff to know
- emergency contact information
- pick up authorizations
- field trip permission slips