Park. Pay. Be on your way with Passport Parking
Convenient parking with the Passport Parking app! No more digging for coins. Pay, extend, and manage your parking session with just a few taps.
How do I pay for parking with Passport Parking?
- Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone.
- Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
Still have questions? Check out the Passport Support FAQs.
Benefits of Passport Parking App
No coins, no problem:
- Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
- Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter.
No need to rush:
- Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Change of plans? No need to change your parking spot. Extend your parking session via the app.
- Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
- I don’t use a smartphone, how can I pay?
The new system is primarily cashless. However, we know not everyone uses a smartphone and we planned for these exceptions. Those wishing to pay cash for parking can do so at the Heartland Parking Desk on the first floor of Uptown Station.
- Why do I need to start a parking session immediately? I’m paying for parking before I have completed what I’m in Normal to do.
The app does not charge you until your parking session ends. We recommend starting parking sessions for one hour. The first hour is free in Uptown Parking garages, and the app does not charge you if you leave within the first hour. The app will send you a reminder before your parking sessions expires. You can extend your parking sessions, as needed.
- How does the app allow for the first hour free when I have to start a parking session as soon as I park?
When you start a parking session, the app designates the first hour free. We recommend starting parking sessions for one hour. The first hour is free in Uptown Parking garages, and the app does not charge you if you leave within the first hour. The app will send you a reminder before your parking session expires. You can extend your parking session, as needed.
- Why am I being charged processing fees?
Processing fees such as this are an industry standard. These fees are part of the new system and are charged every time the system is used. The Town of Normal negotiated for the lowest possible processing fees.
- Why am I being charged a tax?
This tax is required by the State of Illinois.
- I started a parking session but it won’t let me pay for multiple days of parking. What do I do?
To address this issue, call Heartland Parking at 309-433-3445.
The Passport Parking App is primarily geared toward hourly parkers. The system allows users to pay for one day at a time and to extend parking sessions as needed. Users receive a notification before parking sessions end.
In the future, consider purchasing a daily or multi-day permit at the Heartland Parking Desk on the first floor of Uptown Station.