- Parks & Recreation
- I Want To...
- Pop Up Park
- Reserve Pop-Up Park
Reserve Pop-Up Park
- The Pop-Up Park is available to organizations and neighborhood groups hosting events in the city limits of the Town of Normal, including:
- Homeowner associations, neighborhoods or property managers hosting events such as block parties, annual picnics, monthly meetings, etc.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Commercial/business/sporting events
- University-registered student organizations
- Street closures for events need to be requested through the Town of Normal Public Works department.
- The Pop-Up Park will be dropped off one day prior to event and picked up no later than two days post event.
- Reservations require a $100 refundable security deposit.
- The service is not available during holidays or weekends adjacent to holidays.
- Those reserving the Pop-Up Park must be 18 years of age or older and are responsible for repair and/or replacement of damaged items.
- Town of Normal Council and leadership will be notified of reserved Pop-Up Park dates and may stop by events to meet and engage with participants.
To reserve the Pop-Up Park Trailer:
- Complete the online request form (link coming soon), providing reliable contact information and event details (i.e., location, time and access for trailer drop-off), at least three weeks ahead of proposed event.
- Work with Parks & Recreation staff through the request process to identify an approved drop-off /pick-up location for the Pop-Up Park trailer.
- Make a $100 security deposit one week prior to the event date. This security deposit will be refunded following a post-event inspection of the Pop-Up Park.
Those completing the request:
- Completing the request form does not guarantee a reservation. Reservations will be confirmed by Town staff via confirmation of the Pop-Up Park Rental Agreement.
- Must be present both at delivery and departure to inspect the trailer and contents.
- Assume responsibility for the trailer and its contents from the time of delivery through departure, including repair and/or replacement of damaged items.
- Are required to assist in cleaning and loading the trailer at the end of the event.
May-October, excluding blackout dates and holidays.
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance of scheduled events.
- The Pop-Up Park may only be reserved for one-day events.
- Individuals and groups are limited to one Pop-Up Park reservation per season.
- Reservations require a refundable, $100 security deposit.
The Pop-Up Park will be delivered the day before the scheduled event. The designated drop-off location must be approved and available.
- As part of the request process, provide the location for drop-off, as well as details of trailer placement (e.g., street, parking lot, designated parking space, etc.).
- The drop-off location must be approved by Town of Normal Public Works, Police and Parks & Recreation staff during the reservation process.
- The trailer cannot be moved after delivery.
The Pop-Up Park will be picked up no later than two days after the scheduled event. The trailer must be maintained and in the same condition as when it was delivered including storage, damage and cleanliness.
Those reserving the Pop-Up Park are required to assist in cleaning and loading the trailer.
Town of Normal staff will inventory the contents while the trailer is being re-packed. Event hosts must sign for contents at the beginning and end of events. Those reserving the Pop-Up Park are responsible for repair and/or replacement of damaged items.