What is the Mahomet Aquifer Advocacy Alliance?
The Mahomet Aquifer Coalition has reinvented itself as the Mahomet Aquifer Advocacy Alliance (MAAA), an informal association of local government and stakeholder organizations working cooperatively to safeguard the Mahomet Aquifer. The Alliance has identified three priority areas
to help ensure the future of the Mahomet Aquifer:
- Monitoring and Research
- Legislative Advocacy
- Public Education and Engagement
The Alliance maintains its commitment to “issue” advocacy and the preserving the Mahomet Aquifer as a reliable and safe source of fresh water for our region.
How to Get Involved
Becoming a member of the Alliance is easy. To help support the Alliance’s important work, interested organizations should:
- Provide a link to this website on your homepage
- Designate a primary point of contact for your organization
- Participate in issue advocacy and efforts to engage area legislators
- Attend the Annual Alliance Summit and events when called upon
To learn more about the Mahomet Aquifer Advocacy Alliance, please contact the Administration Dept. (309) 454-9777.