- Liquor Licenses
A license by the Normal Local Liquor Commissioner shall be required prior to the sale of alcoholic liquor within the corporate limits of the Town of Normal.
Licenses are valid April 1st - March 31st.
Here is a list of Liquor Licenses available with fees.
Applications need to be filed with the Clerk's Office at least 30 days prior to issuance of any license. The applicant should contact the City Clerk to determine when their application will go before the Liquor Commission for review. At the time of application there is a non-refundable filing fee of $100.
All applications for liquor licenses are available in the Clerk’s office (2nd floor of Uptown Station/City Hall). Contact the Clerk’s office for explicit details for filing. You may call the Town Clerk at (309) 454-9509.
Section 4.5 of the Municipal Code outlines the application process and what information, documents and statements are needed. For example: bond, dram shop insurance, resident agent, financial statement, business plan, etc.
Chapter 4 of the Municipal Code deals with liquor license requirements and provides more information about:
- Curbside Pickup and Deliveries
- Restaurant Requirements
- Normal Local Liquor Commission and Commissioner
- Restriction of License
- Restricted Areas
- Hearing on License Application and Granting of License
- Term of License, Payment of Fees
- Classification and Fees
- License Limitations
- Transfer of License
- Refunds of License Fees and Renewals of Licenses
- Private Parties
- Employment of Underage Persons
- Acts of Agents or Employees; Liability of Licensee
- Demand for Identification
- Mass Gatherings
- Sale, Possession, and Transportation of Kegs